
Storms...I really do love them. When I was little electrical storms were such a novelty in the Napa Valley that Daddy would get us all up, open the sliding glass doors, wrap us in blankets, pop popcorn, and sit with us to watch them. When our family moved to South Carolina I loved the summer rain storms, the color of the sky right before a storm, the cloudy green of the water, the flashes of lightning, the crash of the thunder and then the down pour when the sky opens up. One of my favorite things to do is grab a tall glass of ice tea and sit on the front porch and just watch it all. Do not get me wrong I am well aware of the devastation that storms can bring and I must admit that living in a place where clouds like this can mean that there will be no power or water, gives me a few moments rush as I fill up the water bucket in my bathroom, but then I throw open my window and if time permits watch the heavenly display unfold. All the while thinking back to what my daddy used to talk about as we sat there watching the storm...
"Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; the number of His years is unsearchable. For He draws up the drops of water, They distill rain from the mist, Which the clouds pour down, They drip upon man abundantly. Can anyone understand the spreading of the clouds, The thundering from His pavilion? Behold, He spreads His lightning about Him, And He covers the depths of the sea. For by these He judges peoples; He gives food in abundance. He covers His hands with the lightning, And commands it to strike the mark.
Its noise declares His presence;"Now is there any wonder why I love the Storms...In them I catch a glimpse of the mighty God that I have the awesome, and humbling privilege of calling Abba, Father- so yes every time I have the opportunity I will stand and watch the storms for in the midst of the storm He is standing closest to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment