Monday, November 8, 2010

November 3- Ladies Dessert Evening


The day was spent doing fun stuff and for me the best part was helping get the house ready for a ladies dessert that Iris was having for the women of CCC. She was sharing some of what she has been learning about "Loving people well." As you know I love serving other women and just making things pretty for them so when Iris gave me the task of doing just that I had a delightful time- it has been so long!!! I was glad that I had decorated her house for Thanksgiving last year so I knew where some of the fun stuff was tucked away. It turned out that we had 24 ladies in attendance and everyone seemed to have a fun time of fellowship and studying together.



1 comment:

  1. Emboldened by the latest episode of "If Mariah can decorate, so can you!" Melissa bravely set out to spruce up the house. With tremulous hands she laid out the leaves attempting to strategically and carelessly place them so as to achieve the, "As the wind blows so the leaves fall," look which Mariah is so well known for. She wrestled the pumpkins from grasping toddlers and boldly denied them the pleasure of eating the decorative corn--all the while chanting to herself, "If Mariah can decorate, so can I!"
    ---Not that it really worked but it was worth the try! Love you sweet girl and miss your talented decorator hands oh so much!
    Hope you enjoy the pics of my feeble attempts.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete