Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ancient Words

 
March 5, 2012


Dear Ones,

    “Ancient Words ever true, changing me and changing you…”  In case you hadn’t noticed I love music, therefore the words to various songs often run through my mind and burst forth as I go about my day, I love it, it is the way I was raised.  Recently I have been struck by images that bring to mind a song by Michael W. Smith.  It played on the strings of my heart as I saw my Grandma lovingly cradle her worn Bible between her hands while she was visiting with us, those pages worn and thin, marked with colored ink, notes in the margins, tear stains melting words together and stroked until they are almost gone.  Ancient Words…
    I thought of it when I returned here to this place as I watched the loving care which turned the pages of another Bible, this one I could not read, the print before me is still so very strange in many ways and yet it was the same tender caress of pages, the same marked and worn edges, the tears that dripped and pooled to smear one character into another.  Ancient Words…
     I thought of this once again as little pudgy fingers turned pages of another Bible, simple, filled with pictures but still the same, little minds understand, little fingers trace the pages, sometimes with crayon.  Still they remain Ancient Words…

Ancient Words
Michael W. Smith
Holy words long preserved
for our walk in this world,
They resound with God's own heart.
Oh let the ancient words impart


Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help us cope
In this world, where e'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us Home.

CHORUS:
Ancient words ever true
Changing me and changing you,
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart

Holy words of our Faith
Handed down to this age
Came to us through sacrifice
Oh heed the faithful words of Christ.



Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world.
They resound with God's own heart
Oh let the ancient words impart.


     My prayer for you and me today is that we do not forget these Ancient Words, these words that speak the very life breath of God’s heart for each of us into our lives. 

With Love for each of you,
Mariah






No comments:

Post a Comment