Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gifts in Swaddling



December 17, 2012
Dear Ones,
  My time back at the Big House for those few days was full but brought its own sweetness as I spent moments with those I have been missing.  It was a special gift of time that I had not anticipated when the calendar was marked back in September for the next few months.  As I started my journey home the snow began to fall in Luoyang- I think it was a special gift for me…I love the snow and the added gift was that it was pretty but did not delay the flights.  Gifts, we love to give them, we love to receive them, and we love to share them.  I am blessed with so many gifts and the older I grow the more I delight in the extra special moments that come with gifts.  You should have seen Becca and I on the floor of my room, a tiny Christmas tree sitting between us we giggled, laughed, sipped cocoa, and shared the opening of a Christmas box sent from far away filled with treats to make the days bright and the season just a little sweeter.  Then there is my favorite gift of any season but especially as Christmas draws closer- the gift of children.  Bundles unwrapped, swaddling pulled back, and precious babies found within.  Each time I pull back the layers wondering what I will find within the wraps, curious at the gift God will choose to give me this time, with this bundle through this tiny life.  How will this gift change my life?  Was this what Mary felt as she swaddled that tiny babe, wrapping Him so snuggly warm and placing Him ever so gently in the manger?  Each time she unwrapped Him and peeked inside did she feel like she was once again opening The Gift of Christmas- a baby sent with all the love of His Father in Heaven to change the world.  I pray that the thought of swaddling clothes and gifts under the starry skies causes the light of His Grace to shine bright in your heart this Christmas.
With Love,
Mariah



No comments:

Post a Comment