Saturday, March 30, 2013

Good Friday- Redemption



March 29, 2013

Dear Ones,
  It is Good Friday and I am sitting here contemplating this particular day… A day that the world looks on and wonders what all the fuss is about but for those of us who have been adopted into God’s family through His grace and forgiveness it is a day to remember the perfect substitute, the sacrifice of the Father’s Beloved Son, and of Redemption.  Today God allowed us to mark this Good Friday with a very unique set of events moments that would once again tell a story, a singular viewpoint of redemption and the love of a father.   I received a call, “The new baby’s daddy has come for her, he wants her back.”  Redeeming love…the love of a father seeking his child- a child found forsaken has been reclaimed.  I swaddled her tiny 10 day self into the wraps of a blanket and her ayi and I made our way down to the first floor.  There he stood tears in his eyes, looking sad and weary as if he had not slept in days.  Our eyes met as I passed him the precious bundle and his only words, “thank you.”  What was left and lost had been found, reclaimed, and reunited.  We sat down together along with the other staff members and he held her in his lap looking intently at the sleeping face.  Then he began to ask questions about her, about her care, about what needed to be done.  There were many answers to give and many instructions along with the help of the orphanage staff who had accompanied him then he was finally ready to depart and return home.  As he stood to go, I leaned close to tuck the blankets closely around her, he once again whispered his thanks and I was able to whisper back, “Thank you, thank you for loving her, thank you for taking her back to her momma, thank you for seeing that she is a beautiful baby girl.”  Today is Good Friday- and what a joy to look forward to Easter Sunday, for He is Risen- Let the Redeemed say so!
By His Grace We Have Been Saved,
Mariah



2 comments: