Transporter...Luoyang to Hangzhou 18 hours by train.
I always had visions of being a Transport Nurse- And here I am having the opportunity to do just that-
Ok, so what I really wanted was to fly in helicopters,
but what a gift it is to help transport these precious little ones where they need to go for the surgeries and treatments they need.
We boarded the train Monday night, the 13th and I was back in Luoyang at the Big House by Wednesday morning the 15th at 7:20am...just in time for coffee, a shower, and to pull on my scrubs before rounds at 8:00am. Yes, I did get to take a nap later! The night was long from Shanghai to Luoyang as they had booked tickets for 6 people on 4 beds and then there was the guy who fell and well, needed a nurse and then there was the food- you really have to learn some creative ways to eat spicy pickled veggies and not drink lots of water because honestly moving squatty potties on the train are not my favorite place to visit. But every moment was worth it because my sweet little charge was delivered safely and by the grace of her Heavenly Father is on her way to a healthier heart.

Gotta love China :)
ReplyDeleteLove you dear one!