I have always loved the festival of Passover- No, I am not in any way Jewish by heritage but I have always loved the incredible story of God's love and sacrifice the story of redemption that He shares with us in the remembrance of the
Passover Feast.
Last time I was home in California my Aunt and Uncle bought me some Bible study books and I was so excited that this week I was in my study book on the Feasts of Israel and as God would time it I finished my Passover week section today so as you can tell it has really been on my mind. So you will have to bear with me as I share that I see the bright red New Year decorations over the door posts of the homes and businesses and I think of Passover. I sit at a street shaokao vendors stall and as he grills my lamb skewer over the open flame smoke rising in billows I remember the sacrifices, the altar and the Passover lambs. It is the remembrance of the greatest Sacrifice in all eternity- the price for a blood bought people, a redemption from a Holy Grace filled God and so tonight though there is no Passover feast in my home I will read with great joy the Hallel- Psalm 115-118

No comments:
Post a Comment