Saturday, September 6, 2014

Things I love Coming Home to...





   I love the "happy dance" especially when it is done by little children who can't contain their excitement when they see me coming down the hallway. There are little ones who do it frequently but when it has been awhile since they have seen me, like this week when I returned from being away the shrill squeals as I come closer and watching their struggle as they try to free themselves from ayis holding hands is almost uncontainable.  It just does my heart good to kneel down or scoop them up in all their exuberance for some hugging, squeezing, and snuggle time even if they are in the hallway on their way for diaper changes...like this morning when the Ayi warned me as I scooped one up, “Ma Li Ya he stinks!”  I will take the stinky any day if it means the giggles too, if it means that I am recognized and that a little body cannot wait to be in my arms!



 I love when babies bring their babies for check-ups when I come into the room, some days I listen to more doll baby and teddy bear lungs than I do real ones and I love those moments as little animals are pushed into my arms and into my face as I kneel listening to jabber and all the ailments through baby talk and around pacifiers…


   I love having strawberry flavored lip gloss applied to my lips by one of my little princesses at bedtime so that "goodnight kisses stay longer"

No comments:

Post a Comment