Friday, September 30, 2016

A Pile of Stones in the Mountains

 God’s fingerprints never cease to amaze me, and the way He chooses to remind me in the everyday moments of all His grace poured out in my life.  I contemplated the scene before me.  The rugged rock formations, the crags that rose from the red soil and split the sky jagged and uneven with a dusting of powdered sugar snow all about. 
      The frigid wind so very different from the previous week when I had viewed this same vista under clear blue skies warmed by the sunshine.  The place I was standing was the same but the season had changed so quickly.  I could not help but consider how my life, the graces God has given, and my pile of stones is still the same. He has not changed. Snow falls, sunlight warms, and colors change, but God remains the same. The Rock of my salvation; Who He is and what He has done in my life remains.
 Here I stood in the Garden of the gods knowing that the One True God who formed the mountains and the rocks, amidst which I stood, is the God who is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  He is the God who calls me to remember, to tell of His greatness, to share of His grace and mercy toward me, and to tell of His salvation to the nations.  The seasons of my life may change, and snow may seem to cover over the pile of stones but it still remains waiting for the sun to shine through and melt the covering allowing me to once again see and share.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment