Just when I needed it most:
"So here’s the les
son: When there are simple, straightforward jobs to be done, and you are full of sadness, and tears are flowing easily, go ahead and do the jobs with tears. Be realistic. Say to your tears: ‘Tears, I feel you. You make me want to quit life. But there is a field to be sown (dishes to be washed, car to be fixed, sermon to be written). I know you will wet my face several times today, but I have work to do and you will just have to go with me. I intend to take the bag of seeds and sow. If you come along then you will just have to wet the rows.”
I was going about the day doing my usual chores, activities, and then some all the while waiting for Melissa who was stuck in Beijing because it was snowing here in Luoyang. And as I waited I kept catching tears that would find there way down my cheeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment