Thursday, March 31, 2011

I am reminded by my rose bush...

I was once again kneeling down to write a little one's name on our wall when I glanced up and saw that my rose bush has bloomed. I stood there for a few moments soaking it in and hearing the words of a song once again running across the cords of my mind-

I planted a little rose bush,

I tended it with care,

It’s buds began to blossom

Their fragrance filled the air

But when winter came it withered,

The petals drooped and fell to the ground,

My heart sank as it faded,

But I’d forgotten who had made it.

Roses will bloom again,

Just wait and see

Don’t mourn what might have been

Only God knows how and when that

Roses will bloom again.

The precious Rose of Sharon,

Broken and bruised in cruel shame,

Stained on the cross of Calvary,

So that men might be saved,

Oh, Satan cheered as He died,

While Mary and the others cried,

Then God raised Him up from that sleep

And kept a promise only He could keep.

Roses will bloom again,

Just wait and see

Don’t mourn what might have been

Only God knows how and when that

Roses will bloom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment