April 13,2012
Dear Ones,
Manna, "what is it?" I was sitting here looking out the window at the snow falling over and around Lake Tahoe it is breathtaking and the mountain range around it has always been a place of treasured memories for me. I sit here and contemplate the past several weeks of wondering and waiting, the calls, the e-mails, the photos and the many moments of " what is it?". The Israelites, God's children, cried out for bread in the wilderness and God sent it in a form that they did not know or recognize...manna, the bread of heaven like snow on the earth. This morning the snow reminds me of this, bringing nourishment and strength to my soul. Later I am walking along, snapping photos and laughing, stopping to take in the beauty of the Christmas card background and my Uncle shakes his head and teasingly asks, "Don't you see snow in China?". I throw out my arms to the towering Sierra Nevada mountain range and say, "Not like this I don't". So many times I, like the Israelites, look around at what God has given me and ask the question, "Manna- what is it?". What does He want me to learn, what does He want me to do, what does He want to teach me about Himself and His timing? These past several weeks have been such a time.
I left my China home expecting to be gone about a week but when all was said and done I left Beijing carrying a sweet bundle of little boy needing lots of love and care with a much extended itinerary. After arriving and settling him in I was to stay close by with family in central California during the short duration of his treatment. However he had other plans and has had several unforeseen things that needed to be addressed, once again "what is it?". God has blessed in so many ways, Harith is still in Los Angeles at this time and I have had the opportunity to spend some wonderful time with my precious family. The time away from normal surroundings and routine has been a great time of encouragement as I have been able to visit, catch up, meet new little cousins. At the same time having many new opportunities to share about what God is doing in the lives of so many orphans. What is it...it is a time to watch the mighty hand of a Heavenly Father as He once again proves that His ways are not my ways, His thoughts are not my thoughts and His time line is not mine. It is not for me to grumble and complain or even ask the question "Why is it?" But rather a time to remember that He is working to nourish my life by sending bread from heaven to feed me even when I do not comprehend it. What a privilege to watch this plan unfold knowing that it is He alone that sends the Manna.
Dear Ones,
Manna, "what is it?" I was sitting here looking out the window at the snow falling over and around Lake Tahoe it is breathtaking and the mountain range around it has always been a place of treasured memories for me. I sit here and contemplate the past several weeks of wondering and waiting, the calls, the e-mails, the photos and the many moments of " what is it?". The Israelites, God's children, cried out for bread in the wilderness and God sent it in a form that they did not know or recognize...manna, the bread of heaven like snow on the earth. This morning the snow reminds me of this, bringing nourishment and strength to my soul. Later I am walking along, snapping photos and laughing, stopping to take in the beauty of the Christmas card background and my Uncle shakes his head and teasingly asks, "Don't you see snow in China?". I throw out my arms to the towering Sierra Nevada mountain range and say, "Not like this I don't". So many times I, like the Israelites, look around at what God has given me and ask the question, "Manna- what is it?". What does He want me to learn, what does He want me to do, what does He want to teach me about Himself and His timing? These past several weeks have been such a time.
I left my China home expecting to be gone about a week but when all was said and done I left Beijing carrying a sweet bundle of little boy needing lots of love and care with a much extended itinerary. After arriving and settling him in I was to stay close by with family in central California during the short duration of his treatment. However he had other plans and has had several unforeseen things that needed to be addressed, once again "what is it?". God has blessed in so many ways, Harith is still in Los Angeles at this time and I have had the opportunity to spend some wonderful time with my precious family. The time away from normal surroundings and routine has been a great time of encouragement as I have been able to visit, catch up, meet new little cousins. At the same time having many new opportunities to share about what God is doing in the lives of so many orphans. What is it...it is a time to watch the mighty hand of a Heavenly Father as He once again proves that His ways are not my ways, His thoughts are not my thoughts and His time line is not mine. It is not for me to grumble and complain or even ask the question "Why is it?" But rather a time to remember that He is working to nourish my life by sending bread from heaven to feed me even when I do not comprehend it. What a privilege to watch this plan unfold knowing that it is He alone that sends the Manna.
With love for each of you,
Mariah

We're ready to have you back! :)
ReplyDeleteTell your sister congratulations for me. I am so proud of you and all you do. I miss you.
ReplyDeleteCorina
Mariah,
God be with you! It is always such a joy to read your writings!
Best regards,
Toni Flowers