Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September Morn-


September 2, 2012

Dear Ones,
   September morn…I sit here in the gray of a new day just beginning.  I watch the sky turn from dark to a slightly lighter stormy morning filled with dark swirling clouds, the wind lashing at the trees and the patter of rain against the glass, the smell of baking banana bread begins to fill the kitchen and my hands wrap tightly around the large cup of coffee that sits before me.  The night was long, the multiple calls, the feverish babies, the IV drip, and the sound of a suction pump but in this moment all is quiet but the falling rain.  The last call came not too long ago and when I finished settling yet another little one in the idea of hot coffee and fresh bread sounded like they might be a better option than trying to once again go back to sleep knowing that morning was already here and time for rounds fast approaching.   So here I sit after shoving the bread into the oven, I sit in the quiet wrapping my hands tighter around the cup in front of me, then slowly lift it to my lips and sip of its richness, Bible open a love letter to me from Him and journal ready to help with gathering fleeting thoughts. This is a precious moment a savoring moment, a fresh new day moment.  It is Sunday morning and so my mind turns to the fact that if at all possible in a few short hours we will gather together for a time of fellowship which may be interrupted by calls from ayis with sick children or with questions they forgot to ask when we were there but we will gather and we will lift our voices and we will sing about this very moment. “Sun comes up it’s a new day dawning, It’s time to sing Your song again.   Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me Let me be singing when the evening comes.” (Matt Redman)  I am already soaking it in savoring the words as I savor the coffee in the cup before me, allowing the power of this thought- that whatever passes, whatever lies before on this day, I must keep singing His praises.  Maybe that more than anything else is the lesson this great big blue house teaches me.  Grace, mercy, compassion, hope, and thankfulness all wrapped into His praises, the praises of The One.  With that thought I will take another swallow of my coffee and answer the call that has shattered the reverie. 
With love and thanks for each of you,
Mariah
“Why are you in despair, O my soul?  And why have you become disturbed within me?  Hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.”   - Psalm 42:11

No comments:

Post a Comment