Most days I remember to be thankful for the big stuff, and on a lot of days I am reminded to be grateful for the little stuff but occasionally my Abba Father chooses to remind me to be really thankful for all the incredible blessings big and small that He showers me with...Sunday, a shower WAS something to be thankful for or rather that I was up early enough to get one in before guess what?!?!? The power was turned off- don't worry it happens here, and each time it happens I am increasingly grateful that it is less frequent than it used to be, I am grateful that it was just for the day not for several days. I am grateful for the back-up generators that provide some basic power supply, I am reminded of how much of the world still has no source of power where they are living. I
am ever so grateful for instant hand sanitizer- especially the smell
good stuff as the day gets hotter and things start to not smell as fresh
as they once did. I am REALLY thankful that we have been told to keep
that bucket of water in the bathroom for times just like this. This Sunday as I considered the increasing heat in the building and the fact that floors are slippery when the mopping and humidity combine and there is no air conditioning to help them dry, or the fact that there is no water when there is no power to pump it, that what we were missing was the real power source. You see we can run a few lights and a couple outlets with a back-up generator but until we have a power supply running through the main lines we are not reaching our full potential. Once again I was reminded that it is the same thing with our walk of faith, if I am not plugged into The Power Supply I am simply running on my own back-up generator and not shining the way I could or should be.
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O Lord, and You exalt Yourself as head over all.Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone. Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name.
I Chronicles 29:11-12
I need those reminders that He is my Strength, He is my Power Source, He is my Reason, my Light, and my Victory.
Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power,Not one of them is missing.
Isaiah 40:26
Thank you Father for the reminder and Thank you for the Power!
No comments:
Post a Comment