Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sorting through the Seasons...



February 4, 2013

Dear Ones,
   It does not seem possible that it is already February, The Chinese New Year is about to get well underway and the weather outside is fully winter as occasional snow flurries and non-visibility of smog and winter fog keeps our Big House in a sort of cloud.  Another season, another opportunity to reflect on the never ending changes all around us…
   Those seasons have seen me on the playground and in the pit looking up and wondering, “What Happened?”  They have seen me in the valley low where I simply cannot understand the pain and heartaches but instead I must simply cling by faith to The One who does know and who will carry me through.  I look back to seasons on the mountain top with clear views from the vista and then the cloud covered peak where I carefully step one foot in front of the other and have no concept of what is all around me.  There is the gentle sound of falling snow or like at the moment that I am writing this there is the rolling boom of thunder and the seasons, the moments pass quickly on.  How do we live in this world where seasons change so quickly, moments that took our breath away in awe can in an instant take our breath away in pain?  We go from playground to battleground, toys to trenches, laughing tears of Joy to heart wrenching tears of Sorrow and at times these things are so intertwined that we hardly know where one begins and one ends.  This is our world, a world of whole and broken, empty and full, truth and lies, lost and saved, forsaken and found.  Can you tell these opposites have been on my heart and mind a lot lately?  In fact many of these opposites where going through my mind as I reached for my Bible the other morning and held fast to the words of Psalm 27…  
“I would have despaired
unless I had believed that I would see
the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the Living”


  And there I had it, in this world of stark contrasts I would have despaired UNLESS…The goodness of the Lord!  So as we prepare to enter this new season, this new Lunar year I want to look for the Goodness of the Lord in the Land of the living.
Loving each of you,
Mariah

PS- I kept hoping that suddenly there would be a breakthrough in the firewall and I would be able to post lots on my blog and catch you up on all the happenings.  However that is not happening so my apologies that correspondence may become a little less frequent.


No comments:

Post a Comment