Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sundown...Celebrating Purim


February 24, 2013 

 Sundown…The celebration begins filled with little girls dressed as princesses and people celebrating salvation and rescue from death.  I smile as I stand by the kitchen window forming little circles of dough into tri-cornered Hamentaschen.  Purim has begun and though I am not Jewish I find it uniquely special to be reminded of this holiday for I live in a house filled with little orphans, I see names like Esther and Hadassah as I walk through the halls and each time I hear them my heart rejoices to consider the plans that God has for these children.  I think through the story God choose to tell us of a little orphan girl in a foreign country, raised by her loving cousin, taken from her home, filled with grace and beauty, who becomes the Queen of Persia, and placing her life on the line saves her people from annihilation.  This day is filled with celebration for an orphan girl was called “For such a time as this…”  And choose to obey her God rising to the purpose and plan he had for her life.  I want them to catch a glimpse of the whole picture, the whole Megillah.  I carry the plate of warm cookies into a room filled with children and draw them close to share the story, I want them to understand, I want them to know, I long for them to see that even in the harsh, in the not understanding, in the reality of this sinful world we live in filled with pain and suffering  they have a Heavenly Father who adores them, who is vigilant to protect and provide for them and that He has plans for each of them, “For such a time as this…”
  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment