Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Open The Eyes of My Heart



August 12, 2014

Dear Ones,
The final string of chords fade away, “Open the eyes of my heart, I want to see You, I want to SEE You.”   See Him through the hard, the long days and longer nights, the holy and the beautiful, the everyday, the smoggy skies, the tough places, the sweet refreshment of a quiet moment, and the heat of a refining furnace.  I glance around the small group, there are eleven of us this morning, gathered together for a time of lifting our voices in worship, the children love  calling out song numbers whether or not they know which song goes with it or not and this morning they called out for this one, this reminder, this prayer.  I stop for a moment to ponder the fading words, allowing my thoughts to settle on a memory.  We sang this song several weeks ago gathered with more than thirty of us, and as he quietly strummed the chords on his guitar Steven shared how much he enjoys playing and singing this song of worship.  Even before our walls were here or painted with childlike drawings and scrawling scripts of “SEE.”  As he shared and led us in worship he encouraged us to remember to really listen to the words to engage in what we were singing for so often we put our singing of familiar songs on auto pilot and forget that we are worshiping the God of all creation. “To see You high and lifted up Shinin' in the light of Your glory Pour out Your power and love.”  He shared with us that returning to a place like Maria’s brings to mind so many opportunities and reminders for us to ask God to open our eyes and see so much.  “And we sing holy, holy, holy…”  I so appreciated the time of sharing that morning and in the moments that I had with them those few days, the encouraging words, the tears, the hugs, the laughter, and the joy of being on a journey together.  I needed the reminders because how many times do we forget that this is what we are created to do?  We the created to bring glory and worship to the Creator, to serve His purpose and plan, to serve Jesus in all that we say, do, and see as we cry out a prayer that He will open our hearts to SEE Him in all of this.  I know that I forget, I forget to see through His eyes, I forget to ask for a heart open to receive that seeing and this morning I am grateful for the reminder.
 
Praying that the eyes of your hearts are open today to see Him,
Mariah






 



No comments:

Post a Comment