Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nations, Deserts, Battles, and The Victor!



October 1, 2014
     It is National Holiday time in China a celebration of the founding of a government.  I stand at the window listening to round after round of fireworks going off in rapid succession making all hours sound as if there is a war going on.  My I-Pod shuffles and I hear the strains of the “Desert Song” begin to play.  I listen to that one a lot…

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that’s within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides.

  How often this land feels like a spiritual desert with fellowship so sporadic, and the needs of the multitudes so great, I look around at the war raging around me and wonder in my human weakness how and when the “Springs of Living Water” will flow here?

And this is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord in the flames.

  The flames are hot the dross floats to the surface, this place, the work , the hardness of it, the beauty that it brings out from the heat, the reality that it will take flames to burn away the extra, the “me” that wants to get in the way of the Refiner’s work.

And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here.
And this is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I’ll stand.

  So often I am reminded that this is a battle, a war that is being fought, this is the trenches where life and death are a daily reality but He has given us armor, He has given us provision, He Is the victor, He is the One who will topple governments, the One we will listen to for troop movements and care of the wounded, the One who will continue to provide the supply lines so that when we dig in and stand fast, we will stand firm in His promises, in His Victory- the battle has been won, now the world needs to hear it and see it lived out in our lives.

Let the fireworks continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment