Monday, October 13, 2014

Thankful Hearts...and Pumpkins


   I smell pumpkin spice coffee brewing, the wind has picked up and there is a chill to the air, I watched a V-line of birds winging their way South across a sunrise sky in the early morning hours and was reminded once again of how quickly summer turns to fall and then winter.  I opened a package from a friend this week and was blessed by the hues of fall colors that poured out reminding me that we are entering the season of bounty, harvest, thankfulness.  The changing of the seasons...
  And so "Thankfulness" became the theme of our Sunday fellowship , we took that Fall package and made a beautiful tree of fall colored pumpkins, and wrote thankfulness leaves...

  Then the challenge was made to the children to begin memorizing a list of verses in order to earn funds to Give Gifts this Christmas to help those living in the countries around us. They are so excited to begin memorizing and shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment