December 17, 2009
OK, so I was whining…I was like the Israelites who didn’t like the manna YHWH had provided for them. They wanted meat instead. I was whining because as I stood in the shower once again with only a dribble of very cold water coming from the spout I was not thanking YHWH for the water to take a shower but whining to Him about the fact that it was cold and I was just tired of trying to wash my hair with no water pressure and icy cold liquid running over me. I even did the whole, “don’t you understand…” line. You know the thing we all revert back to when it has been a rough day or we feel somehow deserving. For me it was “Don’t you understand I am up in the early morning hours having just lost another baby and there is no time to go back to bed and all I want is a HOT shower…” I even had the nerve to tell Him that if my Daddy was here he would just go down and buy a water heater and put it in for me (and it wouldn’t matter if the instructions were in Chinese because my Daddy knew how to install a water heater). The Creator of the Universe was not impressed. I began crying as He reminded me that I was acting just like those Israelites. Every time He gave them something it wasn’t “good enough” and they complained or told Him that it was better back in Egypt. I cannot imagine what Moses must have thought as he watched the whole thing trying his best act as a buffer.
I am sharing all of this with you because yesterday in the front door of MBHOH walked a serviceman with 6 water heaters one for each of our bathrooms!!! I was so incredibly humbled- I had told no one else of my whining and grumbling but here was my Christmas Present… My Heavenly Father was giving me a Good gift just as my Daddy would do. Isn’t that what He has told us He does, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Heavenly Father give…” I was once again reminded also that even when He continually gives me good gifts He can never give me more than He already has given- His own Son, His own Blood, His Love to buy my wretched soul’s salvation. What an immeasurable gift…and I am whining why?
With love to you,
Mariah

No comments:
Post a Comment