
So this evening I entered my nursery to the excited chatter of my ayis who were showing this lovely creature to Fahlin who was taking great interest in watching it walk about on the tissue. One of my ayis had found it on her way to work and they were explaining to me what a delicious treat this was. They said that children especially enjoyed the yellow meat that was inside the hard shell, I quickly explained that where I come from we squish bugs, we do not usually feed them to our children and although I was sure that children found them very tasty they were not to feed my babies bugs..they were laughing so hard, they said I would really like it and I told them that though I had seen these creatures in the BBQ markets I did not feel the need to sample them in my nursery- the one who found this delicacy promised that she would simply take it home to her little boy who would enjoy the treat- I was glad that he would be happy with it and that my Fahlin would be spared the delightful experience of sampling her first bug!

oh. my. that makes me laugh and cringe at the same time :)
ReplyDelete