Thursday, August 4, 2011

Odd Jobs- Good Jobs!

You know how I was sharing with you about my Daddy teaching me to do some of the big jobs? Well he also taught me a lot about improvising and doing the odd jobs...I was so excited that Victoria brought along some special treats from my family and included in that bag was some tools! My daddy went and picked out some rotary cutters and cutting board for me- He was almost as excited as I was as we discussed on skype the fact that I could now do lots more cutting and it was quick and easy- he laughed and said that was why he sent the extra blades because he figured I would be dulling them rather quickly!

In that line of thought I had the opportunity to use the improvising skills as I sewed ribbon onto a new valance for our Kitchen- it was already attached to the rod when the decorative ribbon fell off so thanks to Rachel's guiding hands and a good sewing machine we were able to put it all back together and fill the room with laughter as we did- thank you Rachel for your help!




As I was working on one of our many projects Dr. Zhai's little girl Ya Ya came in to watch, she is 5 and very curious about anything we girls are up to in the big house. She kept creeping closer and closer watching so closely what we were doing that I couldn't resit but do what mom used to do with us...I grabbed a couple pieces of fabric, and some ribbon and quickly stitched up a little purse for her! It has been over a week and I haven't seen her without it yet, Dr. Zhai says she is even sleeping with it- I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment