Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sew Into It!

Last year while Victoria was visiting me we made a quilt together- completely hand stitched and we had a wonderful time doing it- the talking, the sharing, the laughter, the tears, and the start of a tradition...
However this year I have a sewing machine so instead of one small quilt we were able to make four! Rachel had never done any sewing so this was her first experience and Victoria and I had a delightful time teaching her-


The hours the girls put in were long and sometimes waiting for your turn at the sewing machine provided a chance for a quick nap under the already completed quilts...











And of course there was lots of opportunity to improvise- in the end both these sweet girls left with a snuggly warm quilt and visions of sleeping under them for the long flight home to the States. Definitely some "Joy in the Journey!"

1 comment:

  1. I love the pattern you decided on :) Miss you bunches

    ReplyDelete