Friday, November 2, 2012

Waiting...


 "They that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength..." 
     Right now that is exactly what me little guy and I are learning to do, wait and hopefully allow him to renew some strength as we prepare for his second surgery.  Our days are spent for the most part in our little room allowing for naps, medications, and healing time.  As he has gotten stronger we have ventured out for walks and of course follow-up checks. 

 I was so excited to find through a friend of a friend connection a "grocery" store similar to our Carrefour in China- my biggest need was to find a supply source for diapers and formula- I was so grateful to see the aisle complete with and brands that I was familiar with!

  Lots of naps and recently they have been with his new found friend "Kachhua," that's turtle in Hindi, given to him by sweet little Faith.  Another connection found through a friend of a friend contact.


Doctor visits are always more of an adventure when there are no taxis available for the short ride and so we take an "Auto"  My little guy does not like these and usually crys most of the way.  They are loud and he does not like any kind of a breeze blowing on him.  We have found the streets to be for the most part dirty and  crowded but he loves to point out all the bright colors he sees, I am also fascinated by all the brilliant colors and the beautiful designs- especially in the fabrics.














We have found one street pretty close to our shelter where there is no traffic and it is clean enough for stretching little legs and pumping a healing heart!  And then there are rainy days and the rest of the hours where we color on whatever creative thing I can find and we build towers out of oatmeal boxes and yogurt containers (thanks for the help with ideas mom!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment