Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Changsha-


 On September 16th, I went to Changsha, the city/area where Mao grew up, to help out another special care unit organization.  Those who care for the little ones medical needs had to be away and so I was sent to help out.  It was an adventure!  I was able to meet some new friends and have the opportunity to see a new city as I learned to commute by bus to and from work...  can I just here note that I do not think I am a BIG city bus girl, I really do like a little bit of personal space which really is a non-existent concept on a Chinese Bus!


 Like Luoyang used to be this special care unit is housed in the local state run orphanage building on the fourth floor.  This was one of the reasons for delay in the postings to my blog- the internet was pretty much non-existent inside the building, and only a very week "sometimes" signal in the apartment.  It made me ever so grateful for the good only occasional issues with our connection here in the Big House, the lack made me a feel even a bit more isolated than I really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment