Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Having Friends...

Can I just say that having friends is an incredible blessing and I am always amazed at the incredible way that God places friends in our lives and orchestrates the details of intertwining peoples paths just when we need it the most- He is such a God of details!
   This weekend I was able to spend time with just such friends, women who God wove into the fabric of my world with tiny events that have left them here in a forever sort of way.  I met Terri three weeks before I left for China at Betsy and Richard's wedding that I was helping out with.  We spent a couple days in each others company as she was a bridesmaid and I was the one telling her where to go and what to do (are you surprised?)  In amongst the busy schedule we also had some incredible conversations and she has been one of those long distance cheerleaders ever since.  Then about six months ago her sister-in-law April and her husband visited.  April and I had a wonderful few days getting to know one another while she was here at the Big House.  And Then...
  This weekend through a course of events they both came to visit and I had a piece of home delivered right to my door step- Terri has a home in Charleston and is familiar with the South Carolina Coast- we talk the same language, understand the same foods, places, "misses," and just had an absolutely delightful time talking and sharing with one another.   It was a huge Hug I was needing at just the moment I needed it, so in case you are ever wondering - yes, I did cry when they left!

1 comment:

  1. Mariah,
    SO good to see you and April together! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete