Friday, October 28, 2011

I Wonder Why...

 My friend Amy's children used to listen to this song that had all these really random things that this little guy was singing about and the chorus went something like, "I wonder, wonder, wonder, Why?...."  There are days here where I go from one, "Wonder Why" to the next, some of them random funny things and others very serious and contemplative- however this was one of those kind of days when both were very intermingled.  First up on the ever present Wonder Why list was that once again we entered the hospital and saw the Cash line for those waiting to pay before they entered the ER- as an ER Nurse this is a very foreign concept to wait in line at an ER to have someone give you an estimate on the cost and have you pay before you are seen and then the fact that you will be seen in order of arrival not in order of acuity...

 Next up was lunch of course it was Chinese food, wonder why you would go out for some other kind of food when you cook Chinese food at home too.  I wonder that a lot but here it is unusual to go out for anything but Chinese food and we have gotten good at finding the items we like on the menu and even trying the new stuff... today we ordered Chicken and green peppers, we were really excited because the waitress told us it was a very special Chicken because they prepared it with no bones.  In case you are wondering why this is special, usually the whole, and yes I do mean the entire whole chicken is chopped bones and all and put into the dish.  We all liked the sound of that so when it arrived we were all looking forward to enjoying little chicken bits minus the bones when we noticed that we were not just eating chicken...oops she forgot to mention that along with the chicken and green peppers there were, snails...wonder why?
After that lunch you can not even tell me that you wonder why I grabbed the Dove Chocolate and did exactly what the wrapper said!

No comments:

Post a Comment